To obtain this Certificate, one must attended courses at an approved Maritime Training Institution and have serve on engine department for a period of time.
1) Course to be attended
- Engineer Officer of less than 750 KW Domestic
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
- Medical First Aid
- Efficiency in Survival Craft Certificate
2) Sea time
- 18 months Sea Time as assistant Engineer or Greaser/Oiler ; OR
- 24 months Sea Time service in Engine Room as Engine Rating(GP)
3) Apply for Oral Examination to Marine Department & Passed
- Before you are qualified for this exam, you are to submit you course attendance certificate to Marine Department during your application. You cannot attend this exam if you are still undergoing your course.
4) Apply for Certificate of Competency to Marine Department
Certificate of Competency Issued:
- Engineer Officer of less than 750 KW Domestic & Near-coastal Trade Voyage
Capacity & Limitation:
- Engineer Officer - less than 750 KW Near-coastal & Domestic Trade Voyage
5) Apply for Endorsement of Certificate of Competency
- No endorsement for this certificate
"Maklumat dalam paparan ini adalah sebagai rujukan dan tidak boleh digunakan sebagai dasar kelulusan, untuk kepastian sila rujuk kepada Jabatan Laut"