This grade is a better choice for Malaysian if they are not qualified to enroll in the WKO-Unlimited courses. From this grade one can advance until Master 3000GT more Near Coastal, depending on one’s determination to upgrade their Certificate of Competency.
1) Course to be attended
- WKO more 500GT Near Coastal
- Gen. Operator’s Certificate (GMDSS-GOC)
- Efficiency in Survival Craft Certificate
- Advance Fire Fighting
- Medical First Aid
- Radar Observer @ ARPA Certificate
- Electronic Navigational Aids (Operational) Cert.
2) Sea time
- Bridge Watchkeeping Certificate ( 6 months )
- Sea Time as Deck Cadet (12 months); OR
- Sea Time (36 months)
3) Apply for Oral Examination to Marine Department & Passed
- Before you are qualified for this exam, you are to submit you written examination slip to Marine Department during your application. You cannot attend this exam if you are still undergoing your course or you failed in your written examination.
4) Apply for Certificate of Competency to Marine Department
- If before this you are holding Master Domestic Certificate, do not forget to apply for endorsement in the new Certificate to be issued. If I’ am not mistaken in the online application you need to click at the small box which gives you choice to choose.
- If you forgot to click, the old grade won’t be endorse in you new certificate.
Certificate of Competency Issued:
- Officer in Charge of Navigational Watch of 500GT or more Near Coastal Trade Voyages
Capacity & Limitation:
- Watchkeeping Deck Officer - Near Coastal Voyage – None
5) Apply for Endorsement of Certificate of Competency
- There is no endorsement for this grade –
"Maklumat dalam paparan ini adalah sebagai rujukan dan tidak boleh digunakan sebagai dasar kelulusan, untuk kepastian sila rujuk kepada Jabatan Laut"