To obtain this Certificate, one must holding Chief Mate of between 500GT and 3,000GT Near-Coastal Trade Voyages certificate and have serve in that capacity for a period of time.
1) Course to be attended·
- Chief Mate of between 500GT and 3,000GT Near-Coastal
- Gen. Operator’s Certificate (GMDSS-GOC)
- Efficiency in Survival Craft Certificate
- Advance Fire Fighting
- Medical Care· Radar Observer @ ARPA Certificate
- Electronic Navigational Aids (Operational) Cert.
- Shipboard Management Certificate
2) Sea time
- 36 months Sea Time as Watch Keeping Officer (WKO); OR
- 12 months Sea Time as Chief Mate
3) Apply for Oral Examination to Marine Department & Passed
- Before you are qualified for this exam, you are to submit you written examination slip to Marine Department during your application. You cannot attend this exam if you are still undergoing your course or you failed in your written examination.
4) Apply for Certificate of Competency to Marine Department
- Certificate of Competency Issued:
- Master of between 500GT and 3000GT Near Coastal Trade Voyages
Capacity & Limitation:
- Master - Less than 3000GT Near Coastal Voyage
- Chief Mate - Less than 3000GT Near Coastal Voyage
- Watchkeeping Deck Officer - Near Coastal Voyage – None
5) Apply for Endorsement of Certificate of Competency
- There is no endorsement for this grade –
Nota:"Maklumat dalam paparan ini adalah sebagai rujukan dan tidak boleh digunakan sebagai dasar kelulusan, untuk kepastian sila rujuk kepada Jabatan Laut"